Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Real Grass Decor

I have to give most of the credit for this project to Nic since he was the only one with the patience to carry it out to the end.  I started growing some grass seed in a couple bins/pots that I bought at Smith's Marketplace at 50% off.  I used the vigoro sun-shade lawn mix (only because this was the smallest bag I could find).
I gave up after 10 days of no growth, but Nic patiently nurtured my little grass pots until they looked like this.
I had some mini pinwheels that I'd purchased at Dollar Tree, but they're in storage, so I got a couple flags from the dollar section at Target.  These little guys are going to live at my moms, so I'm not sure what she'll decide to do with them.
So, if you have a place in your house with sunshine and you're a patient person (or have a patient spouse) this is an awesome and inexpensive decor idea for this summer and all year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment