Saturday, August 27, 2011

New (Old) Coffee Table!

Last weekend my mom and I found this awesome coffee table at a yard sale.  Luckily she was with me, so I got it for $5 and not the $7 they were asking.  I'm too chicken to try and bargain with people.
Anyway- The table is pretty dinged up, but since I figure any kids I had will just destroy it anyway, I decided to just use the dings to enhance my shabby chic vibe.
Here is the before.
It isn't a very good picture.  I always forget to take the before pictures.  
So, I spent $6 on two cans of aqua spray paint, $3 on clear top coat, $5 for the knob (which was a splurge, but I love it.) and $10 for chalkboard paint for the top.  I don't really count the clear coat and chalkboard paint into the total cost because there is so much left over that I can do a lot more crafting with those.
So, one week and $20 later, I have a new coffee table!
It was my first ever attempt at antiquing anything with paint, so its not the best job, but I learned a lot and I love my new table!

1 comment:

  1. Dang I love it! Why can't I be crafty like that! I love the blue

    ReplyDelete