Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Nic and I were pretty boring last night...we were going to go to a party, but we were pretty exhausted from a crazy week, so we just stayed home and watched The Dark Knight Rises, ate pizza and wings, and played Little Big World.  Can I just say, I hate new gaming systems.  I think after N64, they really started going downhill.

I thought I'd start the year off by giving a little bathroom update.  We started by measuring the Ditra Mat and then we threw up a new paint color.  I still love my Behr Appletini though, so it will totally make a comeback (laundry room).  Once the paint was done, Nic and his dad put down the tile.  I'm glad that I didn't have to do that part.  :)
While the boys were hard at work, I started building the vanity.  We looked at buying one, but the styles I wanted were just out of our budget, so I took to the saw!  I used a basic template from Ana White.
I didn't like the idea of using a wood top with a basin sink, so I found a nice top at Lowe's instead.  I used a Glidden Ultra High Gloss paint to finish it off.
We've done a little more work, including patching the gaping hole you can barely see above the vanity (it used to be a medicine cabinet), but we still have more work ahead.  Hopefully it'll be completely finished sometime in January!

3 comments: