Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blues

I've got to be honest.  I suffer from the winter blues.  It's not my fault either since between work and school, I never have time to go outside when the sun is out.  Also, I live in Utah and this week is the first that the sun has been out since Christmas, I'm pretty sure.  I'm severely lacking in the vitamin D department, so I'm probably going to pick up some supplements.  I've also made it a goal to walk for my breaks at work so I can get a little sun-as long as the inversion isn't so bad that I come back in sounding like I've smoked for 20 years.
School is going fairly well.  After a couple rocky weeks, I feel like I'm really on track in sewing class.  Last week I finished everything in class and didn't have to finish anything at home.  It may not sound like much, but it was a total accomplishment.  P.S. I rock at open intersecting seams. 
Last week in textiles we had a couple adventures.  We were doing burn tests to determine the fiber content of some fabrics and apparently another girl didn't listen when the teacher said cotton was highly flammable.  She kept waving this flaming swatch in front of her face trying to blow it out and we were all yelling for her to put it down in the metal pie tin which was sitting right in front of her.  It's a good thing a lot of fashion majors are health conscious because we had plenty of water bottles to put it out.  I'm really not sure how the fire alarms didn't go off, but watching that crazy girl waving her swatch around was probably the highlight of the school year so far.
As far as home repairs/upgrades go, the bathroom is basically done, but we need to get some baseboard/crown.  I'm pretty excited to just be done with it!  The craft room is cruising right along.  We have the paint up and Nic put down about 1/4 of the floor this morning.  Hopefully we'll get the baseboard and crown up in both rooms in the next 2 weeks!
Here's a little paint preview for you-it's a blue to battle the blues!

1 comment:

  1. That sewing class sounds fun! I would love to take a class like that. I took one in high school... but didn't learn much. I hear ya about the winter blues. It sucks! I just want it to be warm out already. I love that color blue! It looks so lively! :)

    ReplyDelete